Yesterday we left Grant with the grandparents and headed down to Logan for the day. Fall is the best time of year to be in Logan- it is beautiful! I love the USU campus. We made a stop at the Firehouse to have dinner and of course, a Phazookie. Wow, those are good!

Then we headed to the game with my sister Lindsey.

It was interesting to be cheering for the team opposite of Tyson's.

I'll admit though, my allegiance was torn. As a graduate of Utah State, the fourth quarter was crazy exciting!! When is the last time we've scored two touchdowns against a team ranked in the top ten?! (Let's be honest, when's the last time we've scored a touchdown at all? Haha) However, I am married to Tyson. So naturally I was worried with him about BYU's performance at the end.

I think it was the first game where my voice was more hoarse than Tyson's. But, Oh it was fun.

Turnovers, blocked kicks, personal fouls all over the place, taunting fans. The score was 34-14, BYU winning by a lot, but I could leave that stadium with my pride for USU intact. Despite his disappointment with the end of the game, Tyson had lots of fun, too.
12 comments:
Sounds like a fun time! And I like your darker hair!
You are hilarious! I'm glad you got to have such a fun time.
Joseph went last night, too! He's BYU all the way, but said the game shouldn't have been that close. Hmmm. A Phazookie???
Oh yes, Annalee, a Phazookie. It's a huge, warm, chocolate chunk cookie in a mini frying pan with vanilla ice cream melting on top drizzled with chocolate and caramel syrup. It's amazing.
Oh my goodness, I love firehouse and I love USU!! But I married a cougar, too, so I know how it is. I even went to some BYU basketball games while we were dating. But their fans just aren't as enthusiastic as Aggie fans. It's all about winning to them. I keep telling them it's not about that -- it's about the enthusiasm for the team.
Drostan knew it! When we were watching the game (the only one we get to watch this year because it was broadcast on the Internet on byutv), Drostan said, "I just KNOW that Tyson and Kristine are there." I'm glad you had a good time. Drostan and I were disapponted by BYU's performance but had fun watching it, too.
Fun! BYU has been so fun to watch this year! Jared is jealous of those who got to go to the game. He LOVES BYU football. He can't get enough of it.
I am so jealous of your domestic abilities! Every time I've tried to make bread it's turned out...well, this should make you feel good...leavened bread. Yah I know...I need to go to more cooking enrichments or something.
P.S. What is a Phazookie?
Sounds like a great time! Dave also graduated from USU but grew up cheering for BYU so he was torn but glad that USU did at least score. Firehouse is one of the places that I miss the most about living in Cache Valley...mmm pasta. We have the little cast iron skillets if you want to make your own Phazookie, you can borrow them anytime.
I love Logan in the fall!! We have taken family pictures there every year for 8 years, and I think we missed it this year...so sad. We have been to Firehouse (yum) a million times and I have no idea what a phazookie is. Am I missing something?
yah, now I just read your comment about the phazookie...I'm a little slow...
that would have been a fun game to go to! your hair looks great!
Post a Comment