Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Electronics+Toddler= Problem

Lately Grant has loved climbing up to the computer and pretending to type. I thought it was adorable. Except today I left him alone for a few minutes and he broke a key on the keyboard. The k. I have to push the little green squishy thing. Does anyone know how to fix it?


And a few days ago I left the digital camera too close to his high chair. He grabbed it and took this picture. The camera was covered in peanut butter before I noticed. Luckily it's pretty durable. I couldn't really be mad because it was my fault for leaving it within his reach!

9 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

Watch out, he is getting to that Mr. Destructo stage. Before you know it he will climb on top of your piano and be screaming your name to help him get down.

Erin and Corey said...

Oh no! That's funny. Is the key broken? or did it just come off? If it just came off, search online; they have instructions about how to put the retainer and key back on. If it's broken, I've seen people take keys they don't use (like the windows key to the left of the alt) and replace it with that one. They also sell keys. There actually happens to be some info online, so try googling it. Here is a site if you just want to replace it with another old key:
http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/03/20/key-fell-off-keyboard/

Wow, I'm pathetic; you bring up problems around upset children or babies who can't sleep, and I don't say a word. But if you bring up computers, I can talk forever... I need to get a life, don't I?!

Erin and Corey said...

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/
laptop/2007/03/20/
key-fell-off-keyboard/

Try that, the first one looks cut off.

Kristine said...

Thanks Erin! I got it back on. Not quite as good as new because a tiny piece of the connector broke off so the key sits kind of crooked, but it works! And you are not pathetic, you are a genius! :)

Ashley & Donnie said...

How Cute! Way to go on getting those pictures! He will love them when he gets older!

Sharee said...

I love the title! My little one is always grabbing for my cell phone and the remotes. The other day he pushed record on our DVR, it was pretty funny. Grant is just a curious little guy and wants to be like you and Tyson. I am glad you got your keyboard fixed.

♥ kimberly said...

What a fun age this is, isn't it?! A few weeks ago Hayden popped about half of the keys off our laptop. It took a while to get them all back on! Grant sure is cute! It's hard to stay upset when they're so irresistable, isn't it?

staci baker said...

Yep! I know that story! It takes multiple mistakes for me to realize that I need to keep those things completely out of reach.

MissMolly said...

No need to worry, it's just the beginning of his software engineering career!