Wednesday, January 19, 2011

October

 Because of the very unusually warm fall weather, I still had lots of beans in October! So I canned more. I got some from my own garden and some from family members' gardens. We had about 40 pints. Good thing we like canned beans! Grant labeled each jar lid with a "10." He loves to help. I find that he is better boy when I give him jobs and let him help.  I'm trying to follow Elder Hale's advice (talk here) when he says "Work together as a family, even if it may be faster and easier to do the job ourselves. Talk with our sons and daughters as we work together..." I can be a perfectionist, so giving over control to my kids can be hard. But I'm working on it.


Some day I would like a nicer camera, but Kadri had a little photo shoot this month with the one I have. That cute crocheted dress is making an appearance again! I love it. Thank you Grandma Parker!











Grant really enjoyed carving pumpkins this year. After dad helped him draw the face on, he carved it all by himself with one of those cheap mini serrated knives that come in pumpkin carving kits. Where were those things when I was a kid? It is so rewarding to watch your child sit still and concentrate on something (note- this is not normal) and then be so proud when he is done. 







Superman went trick or treating and loved it. He spread out all his candy and organized it. He still has some now, in the middle of January. 








Kadri did not like her pumpkin costume.



So on Halloween she just wore a little outfit instead. She was much happier.

1 comment:

Bekah and Lance said...

So fun to see what you've been up to. I can't believe how big your kids are getting!