We had the chance to spend a couple of days as a family in Salt Lake. It was so great to be together, even with the difficulties that come with traveling with 2 little kids. We ate at some great places and Kadri loved being in a high chair pulled right up to the table. We were on our way out of the Lion House and wanted a quick picture. Kadri's eyes are always so wide open.
Grant LOVED the escalators. Isn't it great that such little things can make children so happy. Can you see the huge grin on his face?
We enjoyed the Christmas spirit all around Temple Square.
We also were able to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearse for their Christmas concert. Grant thought the conductor was so funny. Now, he'll wave his arms around like crazy and then say "Who am I?... Mack Wilberg!"
We love music, especially Christmas music. One of our favorite activities this time of year is to play tons of Christmas duets on the piano. Now it's even better to have little kids running around while we do it.
Kadri pulls herself up everywhere now. She can get around!
Grant uses Tyson's old shovel to help with the snow removal at our house. He really is helpful. He is always excited when it snows. I remember being like that!
I like to make caramel popcorn around Christmas. That stuff is addicting! But I learned that an air popper needs a break to cool down between a few batches, or the top blows off and popcorn goes everywhere. Lovely.
On Christmas Eve day, my brother invited us to his neighbor's place for a sleigh ride! While we listened to the bells jingling on the horses reins, I felt like Mr. Kreuger and wanted to break out in song! We had fun!
(Wow, outdoor lighting makes a big difference to pictures! I know all my photog friends are like- duh!)
Christmas morning was wonderful and filled with magic. :) Grant's favorite was a car mat that I made for him. It was a fun but time-consuming project.
Kadri was thrilled with this toy.
Here we are in matching jammies made by Grandma Parker. Thanks again!! We spent time at both our families' homes. We are very grateful for them and their love and generosity towards us.
Christmas day was fun and happy and laughter-filled, but after the sort of let-down I felt later (anyone else?), I am grateful to know the real reason for the season! I love this time of year. I was asked to speak about the birth of Christ at church the Sunday before Christmas. Although public speaking is NOT my thing, it was a huge blessing to focus on this topic. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
I love your updates and Kadri is so beautiful!
I wonder if seeing pictures of our neighborhood will ever stop bringing tears to my eyes.
Miss you guys!
Okay, a FB message and now this. I'm not stalking you, I promise. I just found your blog from Kelly Stewarts. How fun reading about your family. And we are really, really alike! I, too am a perfectionist and hate giving Jason jobs to do. But, like Grant, he loves doing them and helping out! Jason and Grant sound a lot alike too! Very organized and independent. Sweet little kids.
Post a Comment