Thursday, January 27, 2011
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E
Awhile ago I asked Tyson to draw some pictures that I could frame and put in Grant's room. It was several months in the making, but I finally put them up today. He drew them (free-hand, without looking at anything!) in pencil on paper first, traced them onto thick transparencies with a thin sharpie marker, and then painted each color layer by layer on the backside. (The front of the picture is not textured, because all the color and paint is on the back.) He painted the background for the middle picture, too. He has a lot more patience than me. I was impressed! Several of my sisters and sisters-in-law are really good at drawing, but my drawings are mostly stick figures. So I'm grateful to be married to someone artistic!
Grant sure likes it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is amazing! I have no drawing abilities at all! It blows my mind that people can actually do stuff like that. We would LOVE to have you guys come visit! You just name the day and we'll have a room ready for you!
That is awesome! He's so talented!d
That is outright INCREDIBLE! Seriously! I am SO impressed--and it turned out FANTASTIC!
Wow! I'm impressed!
Hey Girl! I need your address so I can send you a wedding annoucement!
Impressive!!
Post a Comment