Sunday, May 2, 2010

Baby

These pictures just don't do justice to Kadri. She is so cute in real life! :) I can't believe she is already 2 weeks old, yet in other ways I can't imagine what our family was like before she came! There have definitely been some hard times (lack of sleep!!!) but overall we are so blessed and happy to have her here.
She is a good baby, so mellow and so tolerant of her big brother "loving" her. I try not to nag Grant too much about it, because he really does think that he's hugging/snuggling her, while it seems more like smothering/squashing to me. So far he has adjusted pretty well; the hardest time of day is when he wakes up from his nap. He's not used to sharing my lap.  Is it possible that I love him more now that I share my love with his sister, too? Crazy how that works. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to love them both! Somehow it works out though.
Newborns bring a really sweet spirit and there are times when I feel like Kadri is staring right at me- her eyes seem to focus on mine and she looks so wise. What do babies think about?

6 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

Kadri is so cute. I see a lot of Tyson in her. It sounds like you are adjusting pretty well, which is good to hear. I love that sweet spirit new borns bring. It really does make your home feel like a bit of heaven on earth.
I too have to control my nagging as a certain little Princess is constantly trying take and snuggle the baby.

Anonymous said...

She is ADORABLE! Little Kadri!!! Cutie!!!! Both kids are super sweet. You all are blessed!

Bekah and Lance said...

Congrats! What a proud big brother!! Glad she behaved and came when she was suppose to! :)

Annalee Kelly said...

We can't wait to see her 'in real life'. Glad you're doing well!

devrie said...

look at those big, beautiful eyes, wide open and ready to see the world! and by the way, you have the cutest blankets for that little girl. i'm glad you're doing well!

Sharee said...

I was so happy to be able to see Kadri before we left on vacation. She really is so adorable in person. I just can't wait to hold her now. Let me know if you need me to take Grant off your hands for a couple hours while you get some rest. What about Wednesday morning? I will talk with you about it tomorrow.