I had two firsts this weekend related to pork. Interesting, I know.
Cafe Rio pork. Tyson took me to dinner on Saturday. We set a goal for 1 date a month and we've already had two this month! Anyway. We went to Cafe Rio because I've always heard so much about it and I'd never been. I ordered pork, because that's what everyone always raves about. And...it was delicious. The restaurant as a whole wasn't quite what I had expected, but my burrito was yummy. Next time I'll order a salad so I can try the famous dressing. Any other recommendations?
Pork chops. Albertsons has a great price for pork chops right now- $0.99/lb. I'm usually pretty boring- chicken and beef are my meat of choice. But I decided to try it after some encouragement from my sister-in-law, Brooke. Plus, I'm always looking for ways to save on the grocery budget. So for my first time serving pork, I cooked a couple of pork chops in olive oil and bbq sauce in a frying pan. I served it with twice-baked potatoes and brown sugar muffins. It was pretty good! I found a recipe for homemade pork and beans with cornbread here. I'll be trying that later this week using Sharee's amazing cornbread recipe. Yum, I can't wait! I went back to Albertsons and bought more pork chops, so I'm still looking for more ways to cook it.
1 comment:
I LOVE pork chops. Our favorite way to cook them is just to barbecue them on the grill with Pappy's Seasoning. So good.
Oh, and love Cafe Rio. Especially the sweet pork salad. Holy yum!
Post a Comment