Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quick Kid Activity

Grant loves putting objects inside containers so I decided to make him this. (I got the idea from my friend, Cindy.) Plus it's great for improving small-motor skills!
Supplies:
- Mason jar with lid and ring
- Hammer
- Nail
- Toothpicks
Instructions:
1. Hammer holes into lid using nail.
2. Show toddler how to drop toothpicks into the jar.
3. Dump toothpicks out and start over.
4. Repeat as necessary.
Two at a time!
Grant had fun watching me make it. He only lasts about 5 minutes at a time playing with it. But it only took me 30 seconds to make and it was free so I guess that's pretty good!

9 comments:

Erin said...

I needed some new fine motor activities for my students. I'm totally going to make this!!!

Heather Inns said...

Sweet, that is a great idea I will have to remember that one. Thanks

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I was really worried you were going to tell me that you gave a hammer and nails to your toddler...

:)

You're so creative!

Mel said...

You are such a good mommy! How cute are you? I just wanted to drop a quick line & tell you hellp & see how you were doing! I really want to try to get all of us together before I leave (which is in about 5 weeks!) so let me know when you are free! Love ya!

staci baker said...

Great idea! I'm going to have to try this with Peyton.

Lynette said...

That's a really cute idea! And it's always nice when it's free! That idea might come in handy when Brooklyn is older.

Lauren C. said...

This is a really cute idea! Carter has an odd fascination with toothpicks, so I'll definitely be making this! :)

Cindy Spratling said...

From me? I don't even remember showing you that, but it was something Claire loved when she was that age. Too bad she's not that easy any more :)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Kristine,

I was clicking on the other Apron Girls links and came across you. You look like you have a cute little family and happy life. Glad I found you!

Sha Jenkins Nielson