I just finished watching a video clip
here that I wanted to share. The girl speaking is Rachel Esplin, a 20-year-old native of Blackfoot, ID attending Harvard. She is interviewed about her faith by journalist Sally Quin. I was extremely impressed with her ability to express her views. Although a bit lengthy (about 20 minutes) I felt it was very uplifting and has made me feel very introspective about my own faith. Anyway, hope you enjoy!
8 comments:
I watched this video and I was equally impressed. I went on and watched all of the different religions. I thought it was so inspiring how each of them were able to explain their religion to the world without embarrassment about sometime so close to their hearts!
I saw this a couple months ago and was very impressed a well. She did amazing!
Thanks for sharing. I just watched it and was totally impressed with her composure and knowledge. I hope I would be able to answer grilling questions like that! I think I have some work to do to get there, though! If I get time, I'd like to hear the other people's views of their religions, too. Since living away from Utah/Idaho, I have been more interested in having a better understanding about all of them-- and not just having a narrow focus and mentality of "we're right and you're wrong", like she said.
that is such a good video. Just where we want all our girls to be. I got it a couple weeks back from my sis. We are sharing it with our YW. thanks for sharing
I was also very impressed with her. I didn't plan on watching the whole thing when i opened it but ended up watching it all because I thought her answers were so honest yet so tactful! thanks for sharing!
Thank you for sharing that video. Sometimes I feel like I'm too liberal in thinking differently from what the culture has "added" to our religion that is unnecessary. It's nice to know there are respected members who feel the same way. I really liked all of her answers. I've always wondered how I would answer those if I were asked by a non-member. She was soooo brave for answering those questions on national television.
Rachel's mom was my FAVORITE professor at BYU-I. It doesn't surprise me that she has the talent of her mother.
Wow, that was so impressive. I think it is a great link to share with non-member friends too.
Thanks for sharing-Carolyn
Post a Comment