Friday, July 18, 2008

Reading

I haven't put much on the blog for awhile, because I don't have much to blog about. If I was witty and clever like some of my friends, I might have been able to come up with something. But, I'm not. So... I started reading one of my textbooks from college about children's literature which led me to the local library to check out lots of books: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry; Anne of Green Gables, The Westing Game, Hope was Here, My Louisiana Sky, and a couple of biographies by Russell Freedman. (Along with a Baby Einstein for Grant.) All excellent books, I might add. It's funny, I am good at procrastinating. When we had cable, I would put things off to watch a tv show. Then it was blogging. Lately it's been reading. I'm working on self-mastery, but I think it's a lifelong quest. Sigh.

4 comments:

B&C Parke Family said...

Thanks for the comment. Your so sweet! You little family it so cute! It is fun to see everyone's blogs!
Challis

Cori said...

I think, like you, I will be working on self-mastery till I am 88 years old. I'd better have it by then or I think I'll just quit trying...hehe. Happy reading.

Erin L said...

That sounds like me. I'm not real good at the balance thing. There is always something that I am really into and want to spend all my time doing. Reading and blogging usually take it.

Christie said...

I think I am beginning to catch the reading bug as well. It was great talking to you about all the different books you have been reading. When I get a chance to read one of the books you have read, we will have to discuss it. The only bummer is, now I have a ton of books to read and no time. School is quickly approaching as you well know, and again, as you know, it will be busy. Seriously, thank you so much for letting me borrow the Fred Jones book - it has been amazing!!!