I love Anne's character. Here's a great quote from Anne of Avonlea: "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." First of all, that last phrase is lovely with the alliteration. And second, isn't that true? Yesterday was a great day. Nothing fabulous happened, but sometimes after a bad day, the next day seems beautiful no matter what. Grant was such a sweet boy. He took an extra long nap so I was able to get lots of cleaning done. The feeling of a clean house is wonderful! Our grass started to come up. Tyson called it "green whiskers." That's pretty much what it looks like! It was overcast and cool and the sky was a dark blue. And I could smell rain. Ahhhhhhh. It was just a nice day.
Today Grant and I were eating grapes. He just learned how to put things in other people's mouths. I would give him one and then he would give me one. Little moments like that are so precious!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Congrats on the grass, too:)
LOVE Anne of Green Gables, definitely a classic! So I have something I want to send you but I don't have your address.....send it to me: blucero@hotmail.com.
I totally agree. I read Anne about a year ago and I remember feeling really sad when she started growing up and changing. Especially since I had a little girl that was growing up and changing, too.
Great Post! And I absolutely love Anne of Green Gables. I've actually been thinking how much I want to buy it. I didn't know it was your birthday...so, Happy birthday! Hope it was a good one!
Post a Comment