Saturday, July 5, 2008
Happy Independence Day!
We had a fabulous holiday yesterday! I love the things this city provides for people to enjoy. The parade was great! We got to sit by lots of family, Parkers and Crandalls. We followed up with a couple of barbecues, which meant good company and good food. 

We watched the fireworks from our house this year, which meant I could hear the music much better. It was inspiring! Although it's not quite the same as being at the river, it was still spectacular.
I read about the Declaration of Independence and bios on a few of the men who signed. I was reminded of the caliber of those people who were willing to give up everything for our country to be free! And those men were definitely inspired by the Spirit. Yesterday made me grateful for our country and grateful for my religion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Dang, I'm so jealous. I miss going to the I.F. parade and fireworks. I have been to a lot of fireworks all over and I still think it's a toss up between I.F. and Jackson Hole.
So from your pictures. You sat two house down from our house. How funny is that. Thanks for in invite to janells shower is she having a boy or a girl I will see you sat.
Cute pics! It was so fun to see you, too! We always love seeing you! and I LOVE your house. That kitchen is truly amazing. Next time we go to Idaho, come boating with us. Oh, and tell Tyson thanks for letting us see the project. Corey was talking about how cool it was for the rest of the night.
Sounds like you guys had fun! I just love seeing these pictures of Grant. He only keeps getting cuter. :) I have my car back, so if you ever want to get together, just let me know!
Yea I am planing on coming so I will see you sat.
Kristine! I love the pictures and the update. Now I know how much time you really spend blogging and it makes me laugh just thinking about it. I love that you have the link to the church website. I didn't even know you could do that. Two thumbs up for following Elder Ballard's counsel to share the gospel through the internet.
Also, the baby shower was so much fun!!! I had a great time. I have been reading more of that book, and I am amazed by how much there is in there. So many of those things are things that I would not have thought of but I realize are vital. I actually have a few questions for you, so I will be calling you some time in the next few days. I hope you are having a great day. (I can say that because I know you will check this today.:)
I loved the fireworks with music, too. It makes it so much more meaningful and patriotic. I sure was fun to see you a couple of times up there. Thanks for making sure it happened! You look like such a cute, happy family!
I'm looking forward to IF in a few years when we're done because it'll be fun for Drostan and Tyson...and I think you and I have a lot in common and will be good friends, too!
Post a Comment