We took Grant to see the cows the other day. He mostly just stared in wonder.
Grant loves his binky from the hospital. He can fit most of it into his mouth, as you can see here. We have bought him new binkies, but he always manages to find this one. 
Grant is crawling all over the place pulling himself up on everything, including the toilet, piano bench, couch, chairs, the legs of anyone standing close, etc.
And I am getting really nervous to leave him for two days next week. I am going to Women's Conference in Provo with my mom and some of my sisters, so I'm excited about that. But I have never been away from him longer than a few hours, so two nights might cause some separation anxienty! For me. He'll probably be happy to get away! I'm still nursing and he's not too excited about taking a bottle, so I am a little stressed about it. Any advice?
8 comments:
Okay, so you are going to completely make fun of me, since I'm giving advice and I don't have any experience with this:) BUT my sister-in-law had issues with her little girl taking a bottle. She eventually bought one of those really wide-in-diameter bottle nipples (the nipple part was really small). Because she was pregnant with another baby, she even had to switch the milk over to formula. She used this expensive stuff that was premixed and in individual bottles. It's supposed to replicate breast milk really well... yeah, you can tell I obviously don't know what I'm talking about:) but it worked for her. Good luck.
He's getting so big and cuter by the day! Glad he likes his soothie pacifier. My little patients love those. They really help when infants are super sick! My only problem with bottles is trying to get newborns that aren't that coordinated at sucking to try and actually swallow instead of having the milk all end up on their face. So sorry but no help with the trying get him to like the bottle. To bad you can't just attached his pacifier that he likes so much onto it!
I love your blog. I grew up with your husband, and it's been fun to see how you guys are doing. Congrats on the house and all the other exciting things going on in your life. My husband and I have a little girl who is now 9 months old, so it's been fun to relate to some of your adventures with Grant.
Jade (Janes) Stellmon
No advice here. A kid is going to do (or not do) whatever they want to whether we like it or not. I just always have to tell myself that Claire won't die. She might scream or be sad, but she'll live. I say just have fun at Women's Conference and then enjoy being home again when you are done. Little Grant is so cute. His hair has grown a lot since we last saw you.
What a cute little boy. He looks so tall! It's fun taking them to new things and experiencing life's excitements with them, isn't it? I odn't have any advice for you; I've only been away from Hayden for 1 night. I think I would be stressing to be out of town for two nights too! Good luck and have fun!
Wow, I'd be pretty stressed too. I wish I had advice...but I really have no experience myself...obviously :P But, I hope you have fun at women's conference!
He's so adorable! I can relate with colds and teeth coming in. I've gone sleepless, too! I'm not sure what to say about bottle-feeding because both of my boys have luckily been really good at taking them. Hmmm...I guess just pray for the best! ;)
His getting so big. I hope all went well with you leaving for 2 days. So I saw Kim the other day and I told her we really need to get together. I have been going to a scrap booking class once a month and I was telling Kim about it and she might come with me. I thought maybe you could come too. I think it would be a fun girls night. If you want to come just let me know it is the 2nd Thursday for every month.
Post a Comment