This is one of my last projects I wanted to get done before the baby comes. It's a blanket that you can use in the car seat when it's cold to keep the baby wrapped up. I saw some similar ones floating around on various blogs and etsy and decided to try my own. I wanted to get a new car seat that was girly, but that was a no-go, so this was my solution. My mom helped me figure out sizing and then I just free-handed a shape on newspapers taped together. One side is fleece and the other is cotton. Simple enough- cut out, sew together, turn, topstitch, then lots of measuring to figure out where to make the slits. It was a fun project though. Grant was a very willing model! He LOVES being a baby. He's been watching me sew all this girl stuff, I need to make him something now!
Friday, March 26, 2010
Car Seat Blanket
This is one of my last projects I wanted to get done before the baby comes. It's a blanket that you can use in the car seat when it's cold to keep the baby wrapped up. I saw some similar ones floating around on various blogs and etsy and decided to try my own. I wanted to get a new car seat that was girly, but that was a no-go, so this was my solution. My mom helped me figure out sizing and then I just free-handed a shape on newspapers taped together. One side is fleece and the other is cotton. Simple enough- cut out, sew together, turn, topstitch, then lots of measuring to figure out where to make the slits. It was a fun project though. Grant was a very willing model! He LOVES being a baby. He's been watching me sew all this girl stuff, I need to make him something now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey! What site did you get the pattern? I LOVE this!!! And I would love to do one too...
It turned out so cute! Love it! Since I had to get a new car seat I was going to go super cute. But then I found a travel/jogger system I fell in love with and their colors were all just plain, but that's fine.
Can't wait, on the final count down. Glad to see your hanging around longer this time! :)
That is SO adorable! I may need you to teach me how to make one. We don't have anything cozy and warm for a boy. I always love to see your sewing projects! :)
awesome job, kristine! oh, how i miss you! you look AMAZING, by the way!
FANTASTIC! Way to go! You look adorable. I wish you well in the next coming while! See you guys soon.
I have one of those for Ryker. I wish that I would have know I would have let you use it for a pattern. It turned out cute, you did a great job. I am glad to see that you are keeping yourself busy. You look so cute every time I see you!
I love the fabric you chose! Very cute!
Post a Comment