Thursday, February 25, 2010

Two Kids?

Grant was born at this point in my pregnancy! Ahhh! I am just a little stressed about getting everything ready. One project I did finish is the bumper pads for the crib. I love how they turned out. My mom came along fabric shopping so I could make decisions. This cute fabric was an amazing price! I'll be making lots more things for the room out of it. Grant likes to use them as a car track.This is Grant being a "baby." He's done this a ton lately. He tells us to call him baby, feed him like a baby, he crawls around like a baby, etc. I am getting really nervous about how he's going to handle not being the center of attention. Tyson keeps telling me I will be able to handle two, but I'm not so sure! Please reassure me that I'm going to survive!
And also, Grant has been waking up about once a night several nights a week crying because he is scared. Usually it's because he's had a bad dream about a snake or a spider being in his bed. He'll come into our room and I take him back to his bed. He goes back to sleep pretty quickly, but any advice to help him not get so scared at night? I'll be up plenty with a newborn I'm sure, so helping him sleep through the night would be a plus!

Well I think I'm starting to sound whiny, so I better list some things I'm grateful for:
- an extremely supportive husband
- people who share their talents
- a car that takes Tyson to work and home safely
- I can see some grass!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! If anyone can, you and Tyson can! I can't wait to see the new edition to your amazing family! Hugs & kisses!

Erin L said...

its of course an adjustment having two around, but I think its comes more naturally than its seems. We were living at my in-laws when we had #2 and I'm not sure if that made it better or worse. Nothing can prepare a 2 year old to having a sibling. Kids are adaptable - he'll be fine. And so will you! I'm sure you are a great mom already, and that won't change a thing. Just be sure so give him lots of hugs and attention and include him in lots of what you do with the baby. It'll be great!

Cindy Spratling said...

The grass! That's important, it made me smile that that is something to be grateful for. I remember those long winters... and now... I love my grass year-round. Anyway- it is a different pace of life with two kids, that's for sure. But you will see that it is easier in some ways. I kind of feel like I'm "killing 2 birds with one stone". I was a stay-at-home mom with Claire and adding Savannah to the mix makes me feel like my time is more worth it. I hope that makes sense. Not that Claire wasn't worth it, but now I just feel like a REAL mom with 2 important things to take care of. You will love having 2. Yes, you get less sleep at first, but just like with Grant, your baby will eventually sleep through the night and you will feel normal again. Also, don't stress about Grant waking up. It happens and it will happen forever! (that's what I tell myself when Claire wakes up for the day at 5:30 almost daily). You just roll with it and they eventually do what their bodies need... sleep. But really, it's hard to imagine 2 kids, but it will feel so natural to you. Especially for someone patient and gentle like you! Good luck. and the bumper pads are adorable! So ambitious and time well spent! Can't wait to see pics of the baby.

MadMadameMim said...

of course you can do this, your awesome!
As far as the crying in the night thing. I know it's a hard thing to do but (maybe you've tried this) but let Tyson deal with Grant. Sometimes kids respond better to Dad. He may be unsure where he is going to end up with you with this new baby coming. When Dad steps in it offers security and lets him know that despite uncertainty he still has to behave. Also if he is having bad dreams try a empty spray bottle to "spray" for scary creatures before bed. Also make sure you talk about good things to dream about before bed. We went through this with Taz and Princess. We've dealt with this best when we deal with the fears, help them feel safe, and then let them know it's not ok to wake Mommy and Daddy up at night. but all kids are different. you'll figure it out.
Love the bumper pads. So cute!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!
you're not whinny. Having concerns and apprehensions are not whinny.
And yes, I too am convinced you will do well as a mother of 2.
Like you, I too am grateful for some of the grass popping up!
Super cute crib bumpers! You are talented.

devrie said...

oh, kristine, you are such a great mom! just the fact that you're concerned shows that you'll do great! it sounds crazy, but your love and ability to care for two kids will not be divided, but multiplied. and if it's more comfort, these kids are just for you, and the Lord knows you can handle it. he has the faith in you to raise those choice spirits and love them! you are so awesome. i'm grateful i get to know you!

stevie kay said...

You can do two. You are amazing! Plus, if I can handle two, you definitely can.

Krystal said...

You'll be so great with two! I'm sure that Grant is just sensing "the winds of change."

Anna said...

Krissy! I love reading your blog because you inspire me so much. You are an amazing mom and you are so so so creative. I just got my first sewing machine and I'm in awe of your projects :) No kids yet to make cute things for but hopefully someday I'll be able to use some of your ideas!

Can't wait to hear about your new little one :) You (already are) and will be amazing.

big hug,
your old pal anna

Julie Loftus said...

Kristine, you are such an awesome mommy! You're probably going to have a whole houseful of kids before you know it and be a super-mom! (You already are a super-mom, it's just going to multiply.) I love, love the fabric on the bumper pads! Grant looks so big in those pictures. He's definitely not the baby anymore, is he?

Heather Inns said...

Yeah, I love it. You did a great job. I can't wait to see more projects.

staci baker said...

Yes, you can do it! But I don't want to tell you that it'll be a cake walk... because you should have realistic expectations, too. To be honest, going to two was VERY hard for me. Ty got his world flipped upside down, and it was a very rough couple of months after Peyton was born. It wasn't so hard having a newborn and being sleep deprived as it was helping the toddler adjust. But I know my situation is worse than most that I've heard. Others have a very smooth adjustment. But either way, know that it will soon pass! It only took a few months until we had all adjusted, and life was great again! You'll do great! And I LOVE the bumper pads you made. Very cute!