Thursday, February 4, 2010

Monkeyin' Around

Grant likes to help in the kitchen, especially if I'm making any kind of bread dough. For some reason I don't understand, he loves to eat dough. He has been wearing my aprons and I decided he needed one of his own that fit and wasn't so girly. (I mostly really needed a project to chase away some winter blues!) He picked out this monkey fabric at Joann's and I went to work. I found this great tutorial HERE (scroll down part way and the link to the pdf is on the right), changed a measurement, added a pocket, and got this. I love it and so does Grant! If anyone wanted to make one, I would totally be willing to help!He can put it on all by himself. I made bread a few days ago and he was so excited to get flour on his apron, because he said that's what aprons are for!

(Yay for my 100th post! I've been blogging for just under 2 years now.)

10 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

That is a really cute apron! And congrats on your 100th post, I sure enjoy reading them!

Mark Anna Kaizer & Ryker said...

Super cute. You do good work!

Drew and Michelle said...

So totally cute! I'm am totally interested in making some little aprons... though I'd have to dig out my sewing machine. Where is his awesome tutorial?

Sharee said...

SO CUTE! I should make one for my little helper too. GREAT JOB!

Kellie said...

That is so cute; you are such a cute mom, and very crafty! I love how cute he looks in it too :) Hope those winter blues don't last too much longer!

Rachel Holloway said...

TOTALLY ADORABLE!

Derek and Christi said...

I love that fabric! I made a blanket out of it once. Good for you making that for Grant, he looks so happy!

Kristine said...

Michelle-
The link is in my post, just click on the red HERE and then scroll down partway and click on the apron picture on the right side. It opens up as a pdf. If you want to do it together sometime, that would be fun! You can borrow my machine too, if you want. Anyone else is welcome, too!

Lauren C. said...

That is so cute!! I really admire your talent. And Grant is a total stud. :)

staci baker said...

VERY cute. I love it. My current idea for a project is to make a baby sling. I hear you with trying to stay busy to beat the winter blues. And WOW, you are so tiny! You look way smaller than I do, and I'm a couple of weeks behind you! Oh, and to answer your question, the hips are about the same. Bummer. But I'm going to a PT that specializes in pregnancy this week. Hopefully it helps!