Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chicken Crock Pot

It's been awhile since I've blogged! All I have today is a recipe to share. Boring, but some day I will do an update.

Last Sunday I needed a quick meal idea that wouldn't heat up our house and would work with my limited food options (I hadn't been grocery shopping for awhile.) I did a Google search and found this recipe, which turned out great!
Place in crock pot in the following order:
1 can black beans (or 1 c. dry beans, soaked overnight)
3 chicken breasts
1-2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I didn't have the kind with chilies, but would recommend them)
Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours.
Shred chicken with a fork.
Combine with rice, add some cheese and make into burritos.
They were delicious and EASY!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love when you share your recipes. You always have such good ones.

Bekah and Lance said...

I made this last night and Lance loved it. Thanks for sharing!

SnoWhite said...

Sounds delicious. Crockpot recipes are the best. Thanks for stopping by my place and for your comment. Cooking from scratch has been so much fun!