I lead the music in Primary and last Sunday, I came up with the idea to hide the letters in the word "family" in a bowl of dried beans. Sounds exciting, huh? The kids would come up and search for the letters, and each one would stand for a song. Really it's wasn't that great, but the bonus was Grant loved playing with it after church!
(Even though he's good at not putting things in his mouth, I definitely have to supervise this activity.) He digs around to find the letters either with his hands or a spoon and squeals each time he finds one. He's learning his letters, colors and numbers, and this is perfect for all three! Plus it's fun and once again, free. The letter beads were from a previous project (they were a couple dollars at Wal-Mart) and the mixture of dried beans were from an activity I did while student teaching a LONG time ago. But if you want to try it, dried beans are less than a dollar for a whole pound. You could use any kind, but I don't recommend lentils--it takes forever to clean them out of the carpet!Sorry if my posts have been about food and Grant. Let's be honest, that's what takes up a lot of my life! :)
6 comments:
Oh, I loved being the Primary chorister! Too bad we moved and I had to quit. So fun.
Thanks for the kid ideas and recipes. I need both!
Amen sister!
You were predestined to lead the music in primary :) And I can't believe it wasn't more of a hit. I would think it would be. thanks for the granola recipe. I'm excited to try it. I have found quite a few recipes for granola bars that I am excited to try. Thanks!
Christine, I've been meaning to tell you that I honestly think you are an absolutely wonderful Primary Chorister! You always have the cutest ideas and really know how to relate what the kids are singing to what they should be learning, and it's great how you always bear your testimony at the end. All-in-all I think you're just wonderful.
We've missed you at volleyball!! Where have you been??
Cute, cute idea! I think I might use that idea next week! Thanks! You're so creative. Kids LOVE digging for treasures like that.
Wow, how clever! Probably why you are in primary... you are so creative!
Post a Comment