Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Quarter, Quarter, Half Note

For the last few minutes of my piano lessons, my students work on music theory. One of the activities is clapping while counting out different rhythms on cards. Since Tyson leaves earlier for work now, I've had Grant with me in the mornings while I teach. He loves watching the students and his favorite part is always the rhythm cards. Now he tries to clap and count, and I caught a little bit of it on camera. (He's trying to say quarter, quarter, half note, etc.) I love it when little kids imitate something they see. But it means I have to be careful- his two little eyes are always watching me!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

How cute is that!

Annalee Kelly said...

He might enjoy "dog, dog, bull moose"! Can't wait to see his future:)

avisiontoremember said...

That is so cute. He is getting so big!

Heather Inns said...

Oh no, that makes me sad. Yeah we changed our numbers. I am so sorry hopeful next time. I will let you know of my new number.

Lindsey said...

That is SO cute! Looks like you're going to have a little Mozart on your hands :)

Carolyn Turner said...

So CUTE! I can't believe how big he is getting. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't grow up and other time I can't wait until they do. :)

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie! All my best to all of you!!!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the support about teaching. I know it will get better but it was just a rough start. Now I completely understand why you say you are glad you're not teaching any more and the first year was hard. It's only a few months though and I have a whole new appreciation for being able to stay home and how hard our husbands work. We need to get together still! You are the sweetest girl ever!

crack'n up ourselves said...

He is going to take after you two and be a fantastic pianist.

Ryan Inns said...

Thanks for your comments you're so sweet. Yea, we are very excited to have our house sold. Can't wait till we close.

Sharee said...

What a cute and smart little guy! We will be sad if you sell your house, but we know you have to do what is best for your family.