Friday, February 13, 2009

Cheeeeeese!

Grant loves to pose for the camera. He is such a ham lately and loves to show off for any visitors. I had a great video of him in my Sunday shoes saying cheeeeeeeeeeeeese over and over, but I took the video sideways and can't figure out how to turn it. So you just get the photo.
I love reading blogs to get inspiration to try things differently and get new ideas. (I've found a few new ones to add to my favorite sites!) And I'm trying to get my lazy self in gear. I'm feeling much better. Grant was pretty sick, but now his croup is mostly gone and I am no longer wiping his nose constantly. We've have two nights in a row without him waking up until 6:30. It's glorious. The house is clean, minus the bathrooms which might happen today, and I even worked out this morning. Boy am I out of shape! The sun is shining, and I say, "Bring it on, Winter!" I'm ready.

6 comments:

staci baker said...

Grant seriously has one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen. He is adorable! To answer your question, yes, Grant is probably too young to do most crafts, I'd say. Tyler still really doesn't get into it a ton, but he's a lot better this year than last year when I tried. I have friends who have girls who seem to be more interested at a younger age. It probably just depends on the child's personality. I'm sure there are things you can do at Grant's age still. I heard one from a friend where you let him color on two paper plates. Staple or tape them together and put beans inside. Then he can carry it around and have a little tambourine/musical instrument! I'd have to say that I'm not very creative, though. I have to get ideas from other people. I've heard that the Family Fun magazine has great ideas. I'm going to subscribe once we move to residency. It's only like $10/year. (How's that for a long comment!?)

staci baker said...

P.S. I remember being in your situation with one little toddler. It's hard! It gets easier (and busier) when he gets older and can do more things -- and when he has siblings to play with. I just remember being so bored back then, but it gets better as they get a little older.

Laura H. said...

He is such a cute kid! I especially love the sunglasses. You must be a great mom - he seems so happy!

Michelle said...

Haha...I love the last picture! That is too cute! He has gotten so big, I used to always watch him sleep in sacrament meeting in his carseat...he was so little...now he is BIG...he's not a baby anymore! Still precious though! :)

crack'n up ourselves said...

Love the pictures!

Kellie said...

Ahh, Grant is so cute! I especially love the one of him in your shoes!