Thursday, November 6, 2008
Where's the Ice Cream?
This morning I brought Grant into our bed to snuggle for a few minutes before we got up. Tyson was awake, or so I thought. He talked a little to Grant and then had him lay down between us. Then there was a long pause and then he asked Grant, "Where's the ice cream?" I looked around the dark room and remained confused. Maybe he had played a game with Grant before about ice cream? He didn't say anything else, so I asked Tyson what he was talking about. He said, "I thought we were watching Baby Einstein." Uhhhhh. Yeah, he's not actually awake yet. He was pretty confused for a minute. Then I started laughing and Grant sat up and laughed at me laughing. Maybe this doesn't sound funny to anyone else, but it was great to start the day out laughing! I needed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad you had something to laugh about this morning! I've been thinking about you!
XOXO
Stevie
Oh, that's awesome. I am so delirious in the mornings -- I can't believe I used to be the one waking all you up at 6 a.m.!
gives new meaning to the phrase "Sweet Dreams!" Maybe it has to do with your proximity to Reed's Dairy...
so funny, I love stuff like that. My brothers really talk in their sleep and I kind of miss it cause it is so funny. Plus who doesn't need a reason to laugh if theres a toddler in their bed.
I love those moments! I've had plenty myself--being the one saying the weird things. Too bad Drostan never does that because I love laughing at those funny comments, too! ;)
We have sleepwalkers at our house. Sarah and Emily both get up and wonder around in the middle of the night sometimes. One night Sarah came into my room at about 3:00am and just turned on my light, uh, "Turn off the light Sarah." She turned if off but then turned in back on, uh, "Sarah, turn off the light." She then asked me a very strange question, "Mom, how old is Friday?" I couldn't convined her that Friday is a day of the week and that it can't get any older. But she just kept asking over and over and turning the light off and on. The next morning she denied the whole thing. It's funny what we do and say when we are half asleep.
Post a Comment