Monday, September 8, 2008

Mopping Tile


The stench from our mop means it's time to throw it out and find a new one. So question to anyone who has cleaned tile floor: what type of mop and what type of cleaner do you use? I've tried several different things and can't do it without streaks. Ideas?

7 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I like the swiffer or whatever brand those are that just have the sheets you put on. Mine squirts cleaner.

But I find that they aren't good at getting all the grime -- nothing beats hands and knees, but it is back breaking. (hopefully you're not dealing with old apartment tile that has years of grime on it! gross!)

Love the pic though!

Cori said...

I have to agree the Swiffer mop is fabulous! I use mine all the time! Let's get together!! Soon before it gets too cold!

Sharee said...

I like to go to Don Aslett's store and get advice for the type of floor you are wanting to clean. I love their cleaning supplies. They are a little more expensive but I think it lasts longer since it is more consentrated. Our mop has two different attachments that velcro on for different floor types. Just a suggestion.

stevie kay said...

I usually just buy one at Walmart (don't go for the really cheap ones, they mold!!!) and then I use a TINY bit of dish soap and a lot of bleach. That seems to work for most everything.

Bekah and Lance said...

I'm in the process of trying to decided what type of mop to get myself, so I'm not much help! :)

Annalee Kelly said...

Hi Kristine! Our builder recommended just plain ol' vinegar and hot water. (1/2 C. per gallon of H20). It works great.
Also, no choir on Sunday -- we don't have an accompanist yet! Did you like Book Club?

Kelly said...

I like post like these. Very informative. I usually use hot water and windex with amonia in it. Not sure why I do this...I think I will try the vinegar thing. I just hope it doesn't stink too bad.