Amazingly, he had no developmental problems. He spent a month in the hospital, but now he is doing great! We are so grateful to have him in our lives!For his birthday party, we had all our families over that live in town and Grant got spoiled. He didn't really understand the whole unwrapping presents thing, but he loved his new toys and clothes! Thank you everyone!
When I first gave him his cupcake, he refused to take a bite. So I left it on his tray and he started to play with it, rubbing all over everywhere. When he decided to lick his fingers, he realized what yummy goodness was before him and he started shoveling it in! 
We also started putting in our sprinkler system that day. Thanks to all who helped! Putting pipe under sidewalks is definitely not as easy as people say! We rented a trench digger last night and got most of the trenches dug. Thank you again to my mom and dad and the Parkers for all their help. Happy birthday Grant! We love you!! 
Here's where Grant hung out while we worked outside.
7 comments:
I love your "make-shift" children's safety gate!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!! We really need to get together and play...I've heard there is an awesome park by the Zoo that has safety swings..maybe there! We sure do miss you guys!
Kristine - I'm so glad you found me! Your little boy is a cutie. I think my Jessica needs a new buddy. We should do a play date sometime. Feel free to send me an email (halesangels@gmail.com) sometime.
Laura (Evans)
Happy birthday Grant! Man, he's really looking a lot older than the last time I saw him. And Carter has that same red shirt and plaid shorts outfit. :)
Happy birthday Grant! What a cutie! I'm so glad he is a healthy, happy boy! He looks so big for one years old!
Wow, Grant was so tiny! That is incredible what hospitals can do for little preemies! (my sis has had three) I remember watching Brian try to lay sprinkler lines under the sidewalk. That is nice your parents live so close and could come and help. Brian’s dad has been really great about helping us with yard work.
What a Happy Birthday for Grant! He sure has grown a lot in a year! Glad he discovered that cupcakes are good to eat, not just play with!
Happy birthday, Grant! Looks like he enjoyed that cupcake after he decided to dig in! He is such a handsome little boy. And good work on the sprinkling system. Hard work!
Post a Comment