Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pictures soon to come

The past few weeks have been busy! We have been living in our house for a full week now, and we absolutely LOVE it! We don't have the Internet yet, but I can occasionally "borrow" nearby (unreliable) wireless connections. So I will post some pictures when we get the Internet. But until then, here are some of things I haven't had time to write about:

One of the best things about our house it is that we can play the piano as much as we want! Before we moved, our upstairs neighbors would pound on the floor whenever we played. We hardly got to play the piano, and we missed it! I think we have played it more in the past week than we did the whole two years at our old apartment. So YEAH for the piano!

Grant is doing great in his new room. However, the first night we were here, he hardly slept. He kept waking up scared like he knew that he was in a different place. I didn't think a nine-month-old would notice, but he did!

Grant had his nine-month-old checkup this week. He is healthy, long and lean at 18.5 lbs and 28.75 in. He started eating "table foods" this week and can crawl great...backwards. It is hilarious to watch him get further away from what he wants when he tries to crawl to it.

Wind. Okay, so somehow I always forget how windy it gets here and how much I dislike it. Our lawn is just dirt right now so our windows and door are just plastered with mud from the past few days of crazy wind!

"Enchanted"- Our friends introduced us to this movie last week, and can I just say--hysterical! We loved this movie. I'll admit I had my doubts, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was laughing the whole time! I highly recommend it and can't wait to own it!

And a big THANK YOU!! To our friends and family and everyone who helped us move, clean, unpack, etc. You are all great!

5 comments:

Cindy Spratling said...

We miss you guys! I miss looking out my window seeing your car Kristine, knowing there was another stay-at-home mom 50 feet from me. And just to let you know... the primary was running wild today! I could hear them down the hall. They will adjust somehow, but it will take time :) Have fun in your house! And PS: Enchanted is so great!

Christie said...

Well my dear, I am so excited that you are in your new home and that you are loving in. Thanks for always making comments on my blog. I love hearing from you and I was sad that I ran out of time to stop by and see you last week. I just barely saw Enchanted and I really liked it too. I think I will have to see it a second time when I am more awake.

Just so you know, I am feeling much better now. I still have a headache that has been hanging around since I got sick, but other than that, I am good.

You are so right about cell phones. I really don't know what we did withouth them. Otherwise, I could have just been hanging out over at my friends house for a really long time. Since then I have been extremely careful to make sure I always have my keys. So this message is going on forever...I will stop. I love you! Have a great week.

Bekah and Lance said...

I agree YEAH for pianos! That's one of my favorite new things about living in a house too! So glad you discovered the joys of Enchanted! It's a classic!

staci baker said...

It'll probably be nice when all your stuff is put away and you feel more settled! I know how that feels! I'm glad you're in the house and can enjoy playing the piano again! And I'm sure Grant will adjust soon! That IS surprising that he'd notice being so young!

Lynette said...

That is so exciting! I love the feel of a new home...and how sad that your neighbors would be rude enough to pound on the floor. :( They could have at least asked you to use the soft pedal or something...even then, I remember my neighbor downstairs(in our first apt) would play and sing oprah all the time, but I would never make her feel bad about doing it!