Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October

I did a lot of canning this month. I was so sick of canning by the time I was done! But the shelves are filled up now with applesauce, apple pie filling, peaches, pears, salsa, and green beans. No pictures though. One week during canning, Grant asked me to make cinnamon rolls. Since the kids had been neglected a bit amidst the peeling, filling, and boiling, I agreed. He has made them with my mom before, and when I first started, he said I was doing even better than Grandma. But by the time I was done, he told me he changed his mind, I wasn't as good as Grandma. Although misshapen, they were delicious.  Cinnamon rolls while canning made for a really crazy morning. Here they are, ready to help me make cinnamon rolls. These two crack me up.



 The House that Grant Built.



Grant intently carving his pumpkin during Family Home Evening, the Monday before Halloween. The kid has a lot of patience.... For some things.



Kadri watching while Grant carves her pumpkin for her.



Parker Pumpkins: Kadri, Grant, Mom and Dad.  I usually have no creativity for carving. I tried a little harder this year.


Face painting from playgroup. My friend Amber does an awesome job of organizing playgroup. We had a little Halloween carnival- she is seriously creative!


Tyson and I dressed up for Halloween this year, and it was fun! We usually wait til the last minute or do nothing at all, but this year we planned ahead and decided to dress like a 1940s couple. He is wearing his Grandpa's WWII uniform, and I am wearing a dress that my Grandma had kept.



The whole family


Grant has been really into drawing lately. I really hope he's inherited his dad's artistic talent, not mine! This is a picture of a dolphin. I bought that white board last week- totally worth the money!



Cousins. So cute!!!
Grant, Dallin and Parker


3 comments:

USA said...

I just have to say how sharp you all look. I got a smidgen teary seeing Tyson dressed up in Grandpa's uniform. I LOVE AMERICA and all those that sacrificed to keep us free! Thank you for sharing!

Shaylin said...

I love Grant's cheesy grins! Your kids are so cute! Great to see you on the blog again!

Kristine said...

@Pam- Tyson thought it was pretty neat, too. We are grateful for all the servicemen and women, too and for a great heritage.