Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Symphony and Turkeys

(For the record, I am totally copying Annalee.)
Right now I am grateful for several things:

1. I had the awesome opportunity of playing in the symphony last weekend. I've always wanted to pick the violin up again, and luckily my good friend Annalee is amazing and has been giving me violin lessons since February. We played Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, and it was awesome. The music is so powerful, and Beethoven was so inspired! He wrote this symphony after he had gone deaf. I am so grateful for the chance I had to do it!

If I look a bit dazed in the picture, it's because I am. It's my first time playing in a real orchestra! It's overwhelming!

2. This turkey! I love being a mom!!And Grant loves to have a turkey friend! Thanks Andrew! I found the idea for their hats here.
3. Sunsets. I know I've blogged about this before and even posted my very amateur attempts at capturing these beauties, but I just have to say it again! I'm so grateful to live where we are! Looking out the kitchen window and seeing this just makes me happy.

7 comments:

Sharee said...

You have such musical talent! I also LOVE sunsets and have the same view you do out the back. Seeing those sunsets make me smile and lift my spirits.

Annalee Kelly said...

Email those pictures! You look good!

Heather Inns said...

What a great opportunity for you, congrats. I am sure you did a wonderful job, you are very talented.

The boys looks so cute and ready for turkey day.

I love sunsets they are beautiful, I miss them. Thanks for sharing.

R and S said...

Hurray, Krissy! I am glad it turned out well! I loved spending time with you, Grant and Tyson - while we were in Idaho. Have a great weekend!

staci baker said...

Way to go on playing in a symphony! I love that one, too! Someday I hope to learn to play the violin!

Carolyn Turner said...

I would loved to have heard you play in the symphony. Hey check me out I finally changed by google identity from 2008 to my actual name. :) Ta-Dah!

The Brandt Family said...

kristine,
i just wanted to thank you for your sweet and encouraging comment. they have all meant so much to us and we will be referring back to each of them often. hope all is well with your cute and growing:) little family.
with love,
adam, brooke and jake