I've almost finished up a pan of one of my favorite desserts. Generally I don't care for lemon desserts, and I used to claim I didn't like lemon bars. But right after I had Grant, some of our neighbors brought dinner, and my friend Lacey brought lemon bars. I tentatively sampled one and I've been eating them ever since! Even better, no one else at my house likes them, so I get to eat them all!
Lemon Bars (Lionhouse recipe)
1/2 c soft butter
1/4 c powdered sugar
1 cup flour
Cream butter and sugar, add flour. Press into an 8X8 pan and cook at 325 degrees for 15-30 minutes.
While baking, combine:
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Grated rind of 1/2 lemon (I've left this out before and it's just as good)
Mix well and pour over cooked crust. Bake for an additional 18-25 minutes at 325 degrees. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar. Cool slightly before cutting.
I would have taken a picture, but there's only one left!
10 comments:
THANK YOU for posting this recipe. I can't wait to try it. I LOVE lemon bars, but no one else in my household will touch them. When I decide to indulge myself, I make it from a box and those just aren't that great. I can't wait to try making some from scratch for the very first time. Wahoo! Thank you, thank you, thank you. (And thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who will make a fantastic treat just for my very self. ;-) )
Lemon bars are Lance's favorite so if I'm not careful he has them all eaten before I get any. You're lucky you don't have that problem at your house! If your talking about the Lacey I think you are, anything she cooks always becomes a favorite, she's great!
Lemon bars are one of my favorites as well. Haven't made them in while because my husband doesn't enjoy them.
Are you going to post this on our recipe swap blog? I need to post a few things on their myself.
Hey! I went out searching for your blog and found it in no time. Your posts are so funny, I guess that's because you have a two year old.
So your husband is into BYU football? So is mine, in fact, it's quite an obsession.
As I read your blog I realized how much we have in common, BYU, Glen Beck, a two year old...
Hope you're doing well.
Hey thanks for the recipe - I love lemon bars! I also wanted to tell you that we made some of that play dough and Olivia loves it! Thanks!
Those sound DELICIOUS!!!! How are you anyway? Let's get together again! That was so fun to see you guys before! Let's do it again & try to get Meg to come this time! Love ya & hope you are doing well! Let me know, k?? :)
It was so great to see you! I don't have internet so I can't update but I'll call you soon!
Jade-
Thanks for your comment! Have you made them yet and kept the whole pan to yourself? :)
Bekah-
Yes it is the Lacey you are thinking!
Shiela-
Come over any time and we can make a batch to enjoy without our husbands!
Emily-
Glad you like the lemon bars and the playdough!
Confession: I've made (and eaten all by myself) these FOUR TIMES since you posted the recipe. Moderation? What's that? I LOVE them. And since no one else likes them, I don't have to feel one bit guilty about not sharing. And since my husband doesn't know what's in them, I can just go on pretending they're healthy. Life. Is. Good. Thanks again!
Post a Comment