Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Catching up

I have no idea how it has been so long since I've posted! We had a fun summer, it was just over so fast! Here are a few random pictures of Grant.
Playing with chalk outside- our grass is finally looking better!
Grant figured out that magnets would stick to this vase.I made some homemade Play Dough and it turned out great! It never dries up and Grant will play with it for quite awhile. Here's the recipe:
2 c flour
1 c salt
4 tsp cream of tartar
2 cups water with food coloring
2 T oil
Mix all ingredients in a nonstick pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it forms a hard ball. It gets kind of hard to stir, but keep mixing until all the parts are hardened. Remove from pan and knead for a couple minutes. (Careful, it will be pretty warm!) Enjoy!

Grant sleeps with a bunch of animals and loves to carry them around. He is so silly! Here he is doing "Itsy Bitsy Spider." He watches this movie over and over and laughs at himself.

As for Tyson and I, we are doing great. BYU is ranked #7, so how could Tyson not be doing great?! I had an emergency appendectomy a couple of weeks ago- it was pretty crazy! I'm feeling much better now and since medical technology is amazing, my recovery was pretty short. I am trying to get back into a schedule and I will try to be better at checking your blogs and writing back! Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

Kristine, Grant is such a cutie! How scary about your surgery! I am happy you're feeling better.

crack'n up ourselves said...

Glad you feel better!

♥ kimberly said...

Thanks for posting the playdough recipe! we just made it and Hayden loves it!

Annalee Kelly said...

glad you're back on the grid!

Lauren C. said...

I felt so bad for calling right as you were in surgery! I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. It was good to get an update! Grant is just too adorable. Him and Carter need to play together sometime.

Cindy Spratling said...

Ouch! appendectamy (sp) is not fun! Glad you are all better now and posting again. Grant is too cute! And I love your green grass.

Tay Pam Smith said...

I, too, am glad you're up and going. Well, October is just around the corner...will we be seeing each other soon? I hope so, but haven't heard anything. Grant IS adorable. Tell Tyson hello...BYU got killed last weekend. Did he go to the game? Think about you often. Take care.