Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Warning: These are Really Good!!

Now I realize that no-bake cookies are nothing new, and there are a lot of recipes out there. I've never really found one that was worth remembering until now. These are delicious. I eat lots and lots of them, right out of the bowl. So if you are in need of a quick sugar fix, try this recipe.

No Bake Cookies
1 cube butter
1/2 c milk
2 c sugar
Melt butter in saucepan and add milk and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
In the meantime, combine in a bowl:
3 cups quick oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 spoonfuls of peanut butter
Once the saucepan mixture reaches a boil, allow it to boil for one minute without stirring. Then pour it over the oats mixture and stir well. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.

These are the kind of treats that I like to hide and create a code word so Grant won't know what we are talking about.
Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

I love those cookies!

Julie Loftus said...

Yum! I'm going to try making them tomorrow. I'm hungry just reading about them.

Christie said...

May I just say that I do not think I will ever get sick of no-bake cookies. They are a classis. I like your recipe. I will have to try it. I also just wanted to say hi. I think you're wonderful Kristine. Happy Mother's Day. I love watching you with Grant - you are a great example to me of being a mother. You had better believe I will be calling you when I have kids. Well....I should just call you anyway! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Cori's mom and I guess I am a blog lurker. I tried these cookies and they are really good and I'm not really a no bake cookie fan but they are easy when you need cookies fast. Thanks for sharing :)

Lauren C. said...

This is the same recipe I always make! And they are FANTASTIC! Thanks for posting the recipe... now the secret is out. ;)