In fact, I only held him for part of the time, but I'm counting it as my exercise for the week. Ha! We had lots of fun- thanks, Parkers and Jardines!

Today I shoveled the driveway and Grant played in the snow for the first time. I love his outfit- an colorful array of hand-me-downs.

His little nose turned red, but other than that he didn't seem to mind the cold.
Oh, and he just learned how to "say cheese" for the camera, and it's lots easier to catch him smiling now!Grant attempted nursery again yesterday. It didn't go so well. Tyson and I both have callings that keep us busy the first block, but I think I'm going to have to sit in there with him until he gets used to it. He sure has become a mama's boy. It's funny, he would have loved nursery about six months ago but now he's scared to leave us. Anyway, here's a picture of him in his Sunday outfit.
He must have been thinking about how we left him in nursery. Sad face!
11 comments:
Way to go, shoveling your entire driveway. No thanks for me. I get tired walking from the bedroom to the kitchen...Good to hear you had a great holiday. What goals do you have for the new year? How did your other recital go? Let me know!
Just recently our pediatrician who is also a bishop said that developmentally, 18 months is the worst possible time to introduce little ones into nursery. It comes at the peak of stranger anxiety, but interestingly he said 12 months would be the ideal time:)
Hang in there! You've got a snow baby on your hands-- I can't believe you carried him while ice skating! That deserves a gold medal.
Oh the infamous nursery syndrome! Chucnky boy hated nursery for a whole year... but it finally got better (there is a little hope for you).
I think all little kids are like that. They seem so ready around 16 months but then when the big day comes they just cry.
I love the now snow pictures, he looks so cute.
Oh how cute!! What a heavy little guy I'm sure!! I'm sure he'll warm up to nursery -- I only had to sub there once, and I'm so glad that I only did it once!
I love Ice staking I wish I would have gone before we left. I would count that as my exercise as well it is a great work out even when you don't have a baby in your arms. Good luck with nursery next week.
Glad you had such a good time with family for Christmas. It was fun to see you and your cute house! I'm impressed that you took Grant skating with you. We opted out of that one and left our boys home with Grandma. I love the snow outfit. I can understand the hand-me-down thing. We do that, too! And I'm sure Grant will get used to nursery! I can't wait for three months when Peyton can go. He's a handful for Drostan right now! (Ah, and one more reason I love my calling. I get to hand that responsibility to Drostan each week!)
Hand me downs are great, especially for items like snow clothing that they don't wear very often. Grant looked so cute in his church clothes. Good luck with the nursery, that is one thing I am not looking forward to.
You must be a coordinated ice skating to hold Grant!
It is cute that Grant always wants to be with you guys. You must be more fun than nursery!
It's quite the task to bundle kids up to play outside, isn't it? I still haven't taken our kids ice skating, but I'm sure they would love it. How fun!
It is so nice to see more updates on your life. I cannot imagine holding Grant while trying to skate - impressive. I love the pictures of him in the snow.
Post a Comment