Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Flyboys


Tyson and I just finished watching Flyboys. I had read an article in our newspaper recently about a movie called Flyboys that was played at Spud Fest, the director was from here, etc. I got on Netflix and at the bottom of recommended movies, there's a listing of favorites from your home town. I saw a movie called Flyboys and figured it was the same one. I put it on our queue. When we got the movie, I of course thought nothing of the fact that James Franco (Spiderman anyone?), the main character, and Tony Bill, the Oscar-winning director, would obviously not be doing a film that was shown here at Spud Fest. The movie was excellent. Though somewhat graphic as war movies often are, I was intrigued by the story (based on truth) and loved how Franco's character developed. Plus Tyson and I both just recently read a biography about the Wright brothers, so we knew something about the planes they were flying. After the movie I did some searching and realized that what I had read about in the newspaper was actually The Flyboys.
Confusing! How can they have practically the same name? Anyway, that movie is set to come out some time in the fall and the director is from here. It's about two 12-year-olds who end up as stowaways on a plane, rather than a group of Americans who fly planes for the French in World War I. So I laughed. I guess we can enjoy both now!

8 comments:

Cori said...

That's funny. I haven't seen either but they both sound good. The character from Spiderman you're referring to is Harry, Peter Parker's friend/Green Goblin's son. Hey- when are we getting together again?

Cindy Spratling said...

Ben and I rented that movie a year or so ago and really liked it. I don't often like the war-ish movies, but the love story in this one kept me intriged (totally spelled wrong). But we both really liked that movie. Definately one worthy of recomendation! (I can't spell today :)

stevie kay said...

I think you do know Sarah. She mentioned in a comment a while back that she thought she recognized you from the Mormon American Travel Studies tour in summer 03' (I had to go back and look that up!). I'll let you know more as I know more.

Erin and Corey said...

Okay, that's hilarious. Looks like a good show... I mean the one you actually saw. Thanks for calling on my birthday! It meant a lot that you still remember after all these years. I'll call you soon. We need to catch up!

Annalee Kelly said...

Hi Kristine! thanks for commenting on my blog -- it made me feel special in a jr. high sort of way. Isn't that crazy? I get up in the morning as if it's Christmas and i want to see if anyone has commented before I get dressed!
I want to see that show --totally up my family's alley!

Stan and Kristi said...

Kristine, of course you can put a link to our blog on yours. Your little Grant is so cute! Our Grant is excited to start piano lessons with you!

Geoffrey and Sharee said...

haha funny. We're back in Salt Lake now, and I'm missing Idaho like crazy! If you three are ever driving through stop by and say hi!

staci baker said...

How funny. That first one sounds very educational! We'll have to try it out.