I am going to attempt some catch-up, starting with the most recent month.
For our 8-year anniversary, Tyson and I went to Heise for some great pizza and then a short hike at Cress Creek. During dinner, we were trying to remember what we had done on each of our anniversaries. (I was wishing I had blogged and journaled more regularly so we could reminisce better!) The view was amazing and we decided we need our family to be outdoors in beautiful places more often- nature gives you great perspective on life.
Grant finished up kindergarten this month. The kid grew a ton this year! I would buy him a pair of pants and it seemed like he would outgrow them before my very eyes! He loved his teacher and his classmates, and has made some really good friends. When I asked him on the last day of school what his favorite part about school was, he said P.E. and recess. Pretty typical answers for a kid!
Tyson had his birthday this month. His siblings gave him a golf net. He gets to use his driver in the backyard, which makes him happy! Golf is his latest obsession.
The only picture I have of just Kadri is this one. She is eating a lollipop from her aunt Brooke after one success on the potty. Her potty-training saga is ongoing. I won't go into too many details, I'll just say one process she has down pat, the other...a major struggle. My friend told me to just relax about it, she will do it when she is ready. Someday. Someday, like, before she goes to school, right?!
Grant turned 6 this month. He had been anticipating his birthday since after Christmas. He was always telling me what he wanted and it was constantly changing. His favorite present from us was his new scooter with blue wheels. He'll demonstrate his skills on it for anyone who will watch.
Lucy is wishing she was old enough to join in. She is quite the character. She started walking this month- 10 months old, people!! She is incredibly independent and intense (aka LOUD!) and knows what she wants. She is a fireball. We love her!
2 comments:
HOW is Lucy 10 months old?!? Have we really not hung out in 9 months other than lunch? Ok, we're going to remedy this RIGHT after I get back from girls camp because it doesn't feel like it's been that long and then I see how huge your kids are . . .
I thought the same thing about your kids! :) Let's do something!
Post a Comment